This ebook is in a PDF format. Note that this is the 2nd edition of the book.
This is not your typical cookbook. Over half the book is devoted to the art and science of fermentation with recipes covering everything from kefir to condiments.
This is a comprehensive guide covering fermentation (with anaerobic Probiotic Jar specific recipes) and a wide array of nutrient-dense foods that make up a healthy diet.
All the recipes are gluten free. I cover details on sourcing your best bets for real food as well as detailed traditional recipes covering everything from bone broth, salads, meat, eggs, seafood, veggies, dehydrator and even treats.
This is a collection of my best tried and true recipes.
Here's a timely recipe for Watermelon Salsa
Traditional Cooking for the Modern Kitchen
- Step-by-Step Instruction for Digestion Healing Probiotics
- Safe and Scientific Techniques (No More Wasted Failed Ferments)
- Delicious Nutrient Dense Foods
- Gluten Free and Paleo Friendly
- Probiotic Jar™ Specific Recipes
- Food & Equipment Guides
There are two main sections. Ferments
and Ferment Companions
The Ferment Section includes recipes and details on temperature, duration and salinity (when appropriate).
- Beverages: Kombucha, Beet Kvass, Ginger Ale, Water Kefir and Dairy Kefir
- Condiments: 6 Chutneys, 3 Salsas, Mayonnaise, and Ketchup
- Vegetables: Pickles, Green Beans, Carrots, Daikon and more
- Cabbage Based Ferments: A special section dedicated to the complexity of cabbage (Kraut and Kimchi)
- Starches: Dosa, Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Buckwheat
- Dairy: Kefir and Yogurt and innovative recipes to use them too!
- Broth & Soup
- Salad, Dressing and Dip
- Organ Meat
- Meat: Beef, Chicken, Lamb
- Special Section Dehydrator (You would be amazed at the amazing foods you can prepare with a dehydrator)
And of course, two resource guides on food and equipment and a handy recipe index to make it easy to find exactly what you are looking for!